J.D. Irving, Limited and Irving Consumer Products are proud of their responsible forest management record.
We welcome the opportunity to address questions about the many topical industry related issues whether they come from media or the public including those of clear-cutting, herbicide use, habitat protection, chemical spraying, or the Acadian forest. In spite of our best efforts, information still sometimes gets reported that is unbalanced in our view.
We're happy to share the full story of 4 generations of family heritage with you through this library of videos.
|Responsible Forest Management||JDI Forest Research & Conservation||Responsible Herbicide Use|
|Certified Forests for a
|JDI Healthy Hardwood Forests|
Only 10% of the world's forests are certified to a third-party, audited forest management standard. But, 100% of Irving-managed forests are certified to the Sustainable Forestry Initiative's (SFITM) forest management standard. In addition, 100% of Irving's tissue brands are certified to the SFI certified sourcing requirements and SFI chain of custody standard.
For more information visit jdirving.com where you can find the Corporate Sustainability Report.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 1-888-678-0724.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
- JDI’s Sustainability Report
- Auditors Report of JDI Woodlands
- Canadian independent audit: SFI Auditor's Report (KPMG)
- United States independent audit: J.D. Irving Northern Maine Woodlands 2007-2031 Strategic Forest Management Plan
- JDI 10 Year Report of Forest Research
- Terra Choice: The Seven Sins of Greenwashing 2010 Report
- Canadian Council of Forest Ministers Statement on Forest Certification Standards in Canada
- United Nations ECE/FAO 2009-2010 Forest Products Annual Market Review (Page 121)
- Canadian Competition Bureau Environmental Claims: A Guide for Industry and Advertisers
- U.S. Federal Trade Commission Guides for the Use of Environmental Marketing Claims
- SFI – What Others Are Saying